Vacancies on Boards & Committees

Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the future of your community? Vacancies occur on Boards and Committees throughout the County from time to time. Please consider looking at the brief descriptions of the responsibilities of all appointed Boards, then complete the application form!

Note: In most cases, only Grand Traverse County residents are eligible to serve on these boards and committees. Applications should be received at least 10 days prior to the meeting of the Ad Hoc committee charged with recommending an appointee to fill the vacancy under consideration.

Vacancies on various boards and committees serving the Grand Traverse County Area occur throughout the year with many occurring in the last quarter of each year.
Current Openings  
Building Authority (building experience desirable)
Community Mental Health (Health Care Provider)
Department of Veterans' Administrative Services Board (currently being restructured)

Commission on Aging - New Requirements **
         **  The Commission on Aging was redesigned on December 7, 2016.  The new Board will consist of four members that have professional knowledge and training in the following areas:  Healthcare, Compliance/Legal Requirements of Contracts, Accounting and Financial Expertise and Member of a partner agency that works in coordination with the Commission on Aging. 

Submitting Applications 

Please submit applications/resumes online (application form) or to County Administration by fax at
231-922-4636, or in person at:
Governmental Center
400 Boardman Avenue
Traverse City, MI 49684

Call County Administration at 231-922-4797 if you have additional questions.